Sunday, August 16, 2009

New to blogging

I started this blog for my sanity. I have a pretty good life, but I have an extra challenge that most people do not. One of my beautiful sons is special needs and quite a handful. As I write this, he is sitting on the couch ripping a book and chewing on the pieces. But moments later, he is hugging my husband and laughing with his little brother appropriately. He is 4 years old, not anywhere near being potty trained, doesn't speak a word (but is very loud), understands a handful of commands and the doctors don't know quite what is wrong with him.

It's a strange life, but it has become my reality.

I have two boys, the one I described above and a 2 year old that has been speaking full sentences for over 6 months, is almost potty trained and nothing gets by him. It's like I am raising two species of children.

No comments:

Post a Comment